Re: Giving Credit on Proposals and Awards Bill Campbell 29 Nov 2004 10:07 EST

Francois and RESADMers--

I faced the same problem a few years ago. Faculty were complaining that
my annual report only listed the primary PI, not the co-PIs or other
collaborators.  So I added a column in the ACCESS database I use to
collect proposal and grants data and changed the format of the annual
report to show all who are involved in generating the proposal.  (Check
it out at
<http://www.uwrf.edu/grants/annual%20reports/2003-04/ann%20rep%20home.htm>,
click on Appendix D.)  Those complaints disappeared.

But I'm expecting a new one anyday.  I haven't figured out a way to
include those proposals in the summaries in this report and others, so
that even though collaborators appear in the list of proposals submitted
the dept and college totals only aggregate by primary PI.  If anyone
knows a fix for that, please share it.

Regards, Bill

Bill Campbell
Director, Grants & Research