Re: Proposal retention Marie Smith 09 Nov 2004 06:56 EST

At IES we retain unfunded proposals for 12 months.  Since our department is both preaward and postaward, funded proposals are kept as part of the grants records.

***************************************
Marie F. Smith, CRA
Manager of Grants and Contract Administration
Institute of Ecosystem Studies
PO Box AB, 65 Sharon Turnpike
Millbrook, NY 12545
Phone: 845-677-7600 x202
Fax: 845-677-5976
E-mail: xxxxxx@ecostudies.org
Internet:  http://www.ecostudies.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Tanya Hollis
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 8:17 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Proposal retention

This question is for preaward offices.  We are in the process of
updating our record retention policy and I wanted to determine how long
other schools retain proposals that have been submitted, and later
notified that they have not been funded by the agency.  It may be that
preaward offices do not retain "unfunded" proposals and return them to
the various departments for their records.  Please respond to
xxxxxx@alaska.edu.  Thank you!

--

Tanya Hollis
Sponsored Programs & Accounting Coordinator

University of Alaska
Statewide Systems Office
910 Yukon Drive, Suite 209C
P.O. Box 756540