Re: Billing Patient Care Storment, Janet S 08 Nov 2004 13:21 EST

We have a system call the Subject Tracking System that allows the
coordinator to enter each research visit per subject then we use it to
reconcile it to the hospital patient care billing system to ensure that
all charges are not only captured but are charged at the correct price.
Please feel free to contact me 501-364-2760 and I can tell you more
about it.
Janet Storment, RN, CCRC
Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute
Clinical Trials Administrator
1120 Marshall St.
Little Rock, AR 72202
O - (501)-364-2460
F - (501)-978-6413

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Collins, Michael
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 9:41 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Billing Patient Care

Does anyone have a process to bill patient (research subject) care
charges to clinical trials they are willing to share?

I am mostly interested in how to identifying those trials that see
patients at hospital and registering those patients correctly to the
grant.

We currently use a pre-registration form that is faxed to a central
registration office.  It works but I don't think I am capturing all my
charges.

Thanks, Mike

Michael Collins
Director, Research Grants Administration Boston Medical Center 660
Harrison Avenue Boston, MA 02118

This electronic transmission may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately as use of this
information is strictly prohibited.