Re: Job Opportunity Bulletin2.rtf Susan Meslang 02 Nov 2004 12:18 EST

Thanks.  I did not realize that since all my email goes out with my
information at the bottom.  Something must happen to that in the
listserve.

Susan W. Meslang
Director of Grants and Sponsored  Programs
Tidewater Community College
121 College Place
Norfolk, Virginia  23510-1907
Office 757 822-1773
Cell 757 409-2887
Fax 757 822-1007
xxxxxx@tcc.edu

>>> xxxxxx@TCNJ.EDU 11/2/2004 10:45:47 AM >>>
Might I make a suggestion? There is no way to tell from this post what
institution you are from. It would be helpful to readers if folks who
post to the listserve would give their affiliation. Sometime you can
get
it from the email address, but somethimes you can't.

Thanks,

Roberta Truscello
The College of New Jersey

Landorf,Kenneth R. wrote:

> The following position is avaialble and applications are welcome.

>   *BUSINESS SYSTEM ANALYST*
>
>   *OFFICE RSCH/SPONSORED PROG*
>
> *DESCRIPTION/EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:* Within the Office of Research and
> Sponsored Programs, the individual will be responsible for the
> oversight/coordination including development, analysis, design,
> programming and support of the InfoEd Office Suite.  This
> Research/Sponsored Projects system includes Pre-award areas such as
> Proposed Development, Proposal Tracking,  Animal and Human Subjects
> Management.  Post Award includes Project Management, Technology
> Transfer, and Clinical Trials.  Other modules within the system are
> Protocol Management, and Environmental Safety.  Schedules, oversees
> and evaluates the work of assigned staff or project team members;
> identifies, gathers, analyzes and documents business requirements
for
> application and information technology projects; translates work
> processes into business and functional requirements; writes business
> and functional specification; develops departmental forms and
> templates; identifies and provides business rules, quality,
standards,
> policies and procedures; oversees and coordinates the development
and
> installation of the system; assist in the re-engineering of systems
by
> developing specifications for system modification and enhancements
and
> test prior to implementation; ensures that applications are
integrated
> with other systems; monitors project and provides progress reports
on
> systems projects; participates in update meetings and makes
> presentations; develops reports and/or provide application guidance
> and specification necessary in developing customized reports;
> coordinates system activities with user and internal departments to
> ensure that the data is correct and system integrity is maintained;
> act as liaison between users and programming staff to develop
> technology based business solution;  prepares users documentation
> including training manuals, procedures and guides; plans,
coordinates
> and conduct workshops and training classes related to system;
advised
> users on system changes and provide appropriate training; conduct
> audits to ensure that the system and procedures are properly
> implemented; provides system security administration; determines
> systems accessibility and resolve user access problems; performs
> system purges and back up operations; analyzes system problems and
> recommend solutions; identifies business application and information
> technology solutions and opportunities for resolving business
> problems; performs workflow analysis; effectively participates in
the
> coordination of project teams; prepares project cost budget; reviews
> or assist with the review of project
>
>   progress to ensure compliance with cost effectiveness and team
> capability to produce and support information technology
applications
> and systems within allocated resources; recommends alternative
action
> to meet schedules; performs other related duties as required.
>
> *KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITY: *Considerable knowledge of principles
and
> techniques of systems analysis, design and development; considerable
> knowledge of the principles of information technology solutions,
> strong knowledge of relational databases technology; computer
> operating systems as     it relates to clinical business
applications;
> knowledge of operation of computer terminals; strong knowledge of
> principles and theories of business and planning functions;
> considerable knowledge of the principles and techniques of business
> information systems re-engineering; considerable knowledge of
project
> management principles and techniques; ability to communicate
> effectively, orally and in writing; strong interpersonal skills;
> understanding and ability to apply rules, regulations, codes and
laws
> pertaining to clinical business; ability to:- analyze and evaluate
> hardware, software and data processing systems, analyze and
interpret
> technical data, prepare and conduct training classes, identify,
> resolve and recommend solutions related to system performance and
user
> problems, establish and maintain effective working relationships and
> team work; supervisory ability.
>
> *PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:* Knowledge of state policies and
> procedures; knowledge of Health Center systems such as HRS and FRS.
> Master's Degree in relevant field.
>
> *MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION AND TRAINING:* General
> Experience:  Nine (9) years relevant experience in clinical
> operations, including business administration, medical
administration,
> clinical information systems planning, project management,
> installation and support.  Substitution:  Bachelor's degree in
> Healthcare Administration or closely related field may be
substituted
> for four (4) years of the general experience.
>
> *SPECIAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: F*amiliarity and knowledge of
> general research administration procedure.  Knowledge of acronyms,
> i.e. OMB, NIH, etc.
>
> WORK SCHEDULE:  40 hour work week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00
p.m.

> *SUBMIT APPLICATION/RESUME TO:*        Laurel Barrows (Search code
> 2005-123)       *Position will remain open until 11/10/2004.*

> via our web site at http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv
Lists")