Re: European opportunities Doyle-Wandell, Greg 14 Oct 2004 15:46 EST

Bill

I would also suggest that they investigate teaming arrangements with
researchers here in the United States or Canada.  That could open many
more doors.

Europeans generally have a different approach and experience with
writing grants than we do.  I would strongly suggest that they have
their application reviewed by a colleague or collaborator who has
successfully been awarded a grant or contract from a United States
funder.  Applications that are not written or presented as expected by
the reviewer are generally not well received, even if it is technically
sound.

Alternatively, give them a copy of a successful application so that they
can have something to refer to.

Good luck.

Greg
Greg Doyle-Wandell