Re: Question about Foreign Collaboration Patricia A. Moroney 04 Oct 2004 15:25 EST

I hope I have my facts right, but this is the way I understand it.
The face page of the application should state the primary institutions'
information.  If the foreign component is a subcontract to your
institution, you will not be submitting their face page to the NIH with
your grant, but you could hold it for your records.  Also you could
include this info in the "Vertebrate Animal" section of the Research Plan.
Patricia

Shelly Pettyjohn wrote:

> ** High Priority **
>
> When doing a proposal that includes a foreign component, do the IACUC
> approvals apply to the primary institution, or the foreign component on
> the Face Page for the foreign component?
>
> I would think that theirs would go in the appropriate blanks on their
> respective Face Page.
>
> Thanks for any replies.

Patricia Moroney
Grants & Contracts Coordinator