Re: Negative Budget Amounts Vigiolto, Margaret 24 Sep 2004 12:41 EST

The lack of Banner functionality regarding negative line item budget
amounts is a constant problem for us.

We revise budgets regularly, reducing one budget line to increase
another.

In addition, we may not spend an entire award amount and would like to
reduce the total budget to close out at less than the awarded amount.
Currently, neither of these can be done using the grant budget function.

Peggy Vigiolto

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravi-Shankar.Devaraj [mailto:xxxxxx@ORACLE.COM]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 10:12 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Negative Budget Amounts

Is there a case where one enters a negative amount in a grant proposal
budget, or, are the numbers entered in the budget always positive
numbers?  If negative amounts are entered in a grant proposal budget,
could you please give me an example of what that budget line would be?

Thank you,
Ravi Shankar
Oracle Corporation