Re: USDA Cooperative Agreements terms and conditions? Hastings, Kari L 23 Sep 2004 14:00 EST

Wouldn't this refer to the certifications and assurances that can be found on
the PHS398 checklist page? All the ADA, EEO, age, sex, gender, race and so  on
and so forth? That is how I would interpret this - but then I have always found
this little list in fine print rather a puzzle as to how you can guarantee and
document  compliance - but that is another story. Kari

Kari Hastings CRA
Director, Research and Training
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
125 Nashua Street
Boston, MA 02114
tel 617-573-2365
FAX 617-573-2369
xxxxxx@partners.org

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]  On Behalf Of
Farnsworth, Franci
Sent:   Thursday, September 23, 2004 2:28 PM
To:     xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject:        [RESADM-L] USDA Cooperative Agreements terms and conditions?

We're about to sign a USDA Cooperative Agreement (Form EMS-467) that has as Item
9.4 a clause that says:   "AS A CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE COOPERATOR
ASSURES AND CERTIFIES THAT IT IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH AND WILL COMPLY IN THE
COURSE OF THE AGREEMENT WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS, REGULATIONS, EXECUTIVE ORDERS,
AND OTHER GENERALLY APPLICABLE REQUIREMENTS."

Does anyone have an easy reference for these "applicable laws"?     Presumably
these are the standard federal terms and conditions, but the administrative
officer was unable to provide me with a copy of the actual wording of these laws
(or a website) and I think we should have something on file outlining what we've
agreed to.

Thanks, as always.

Franci Vinal Farnsworth
Middlebury College