Re: IPA Mobility Program Assignment Agreements Susan A. Brown 23 Sep 2004 10:30 EST
Brenda,
I agree with Samuela that it is not prohibited.  On the attached COGR
document, institutions should negotiate an appropriate rate with its
cognizant federal agency.

At the Medical University of South Carolina we utilize VA IPA assignment
agreements which do not include indirect costs.  We view the VA as a
local "partner" as well as a federal agency.  We felt if we pushed the
issue, they would require physicians to clock in and out to document
their duty hours.  Even though the building is three blocks away, the
inefficiency would be enormous.  We do not have IPAs with any other
federal agencies at this time.
Thanks,
Susan

--