Re: Help! Non employed PIs Herbert B. Chermside 14 Sep 2004 15:07 EST

Suggest you use your standard collateral or adjunct faculty position
agreement, with pay = $0.  Also suggest you look into insurance coverage
under such a contract.  There might be good reason to pay $1.00 per year,
or some other nominal amount.  Check with Risk Management, or University
Counsel.

Chuck

At 10:53 AM 9/14/2004, you wrote:
>We have some non employed PIs working on NIH awards.  The non employed
>part is ok per page 18 of the 12/03 NIH Grants Policy Statement -
>"However, since the grant, if awarded, is made to the organization, the
>applicant organization must have a formal written agreement with the PI
>that specifies an official relationship between the parties, but need not
>involve a salary or other form of remuneration."
>
>Does anyone have this situation?
>Does anyone have a boilerplate or other sample agreement they can share?
>Can anyone guide me on important factors to include in such an agreement?
>Would anyone know any other source I could go to for additional guidance
>on such boilerplate language?
>
>Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!!
>
>Linda Ward
>Sr. Accountant
>Research Administration  35-123A
>Children's Hospitals and Clinics
>2910 Centre Pointe Dr.
>Roseville, MN 55113
>651-855-2603
>651-855-2690 Fax
>email: xxxxxx@childrenshc.org
>__________________________________
>
>Confidentiality Statement:
>This email/fax, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
>proprietary information and may be used only by the person or entity to
>which it is addressed. If the reader of this email/fax is not the intended
>recipient or his or her agent, the reader is hereby notified that any
>dissemination, distribution or copying of this email/fax is prohibited. If
>you have received this email/fax in error, please notify the sender by
>replying to this message and deleting this email or destroying this
>facsimile immediately.

Herbert "Chuck" Chermside, CRA
1915 Robindale Rd.
Richmond, VA 23235-3931