Re: reporting "awards" Terri Fayle 19 Aug 2004 10:00 EST

Chuck, how would this be effected by an award notice that is received
after the start date and the start date was in the previous fiscal year,
where the 'numbers' have already been crunched and reported?

>>> xxxxxx@VCU.EDU 08/19/04 09:51AM >>>
Heartily urge that awards be reported based on start date.  Eliminates
lots
of confusion.  We separately report increases to the same project (use
title "supplement to...".)  We treat each budget year separately.

Chuck

At 06:07 PM 8/17/2004, you wrote:
>We track and report awards, for internal reporting purposes, based on
>"received date".  In other words the official grant, contract, or
other
>related agreement must be signed, sealed and delivered to our
institution
>before it is reported as an award to our Board of Trustees or included
in
>our annual report.  Not everyone is happy with this method, for the
>obvious reasons, but it does help us avoid double reporting and
making
>certain that credit is given at least once.
>
>Deb

Behalf
>Of Carolyn Pate
>Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 4:29 PM
>To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
>Subject: [RESADM-L] reporting "awards"
>

>Do any of you successfully report "Awards" rather than expenditures?
If so,
>how do you do it so that you can make accurate comparisons year to
year?
>What do you include?  What do you use as cut-off dates?
>
>I would appreciate any and all comments on these and the other many
issues
>that come up with reporting "awards."
>
>You may answer me offline if you wish.
>
>I'll make a summary of answers for those of you who might want it.
>
>And thank you for your help!

available
>  via our web site at http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv
Lists")