Re: In-between Capitalization thresholds Ginger Baker 26 Jul 2004 12:17 EST
Sandy,

We recently changed our threshold and were required by ONR to continue to treat the items purchased on awards existing prior to the effective date of the new negotiated F&A agreement 'as if' they were still equipment for those sponsored projects.  We created a dummy commodity account code to charge these items to in our accounting system.  This account code was excluded from
MTDC for purposes of calculating indirect costs, but was treated as a commodity for financial reporting purposes.

Ginger