Re: Federal Regs/Training Jon Hart 21 Jul 2004 08:51 EST

The NIH requires that you provide human subjects training to all key
personnel on their grants/contracts, who are involved in any aspect of
human subjects research.  You also must provide training to your IRB.
45 CFR 46 does not state these requirements.  The Responsible Conduct of
Research requirement also is from NIH for their
training/career/fellowship grants.
Joni.

Jon Elizabeth Hart, MPA, CIP
Senior Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
Senior Director, Human Subjects Protections Program
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Ave., NY, NY 10021-6399
tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400
email:  xxxxxx@rockefeller.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Jessica T. Kleinberg
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 11:00 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Federal Regs/Training

Does anyone know of any Federal Regs which require institutions to have
mandatory training programs?  (That's all the information we have - not
even sure what type of training we're looking for.)  We came up with
PHS'
Responsible Conduct of Research, but are looking for something
specifically
related to the CFRs.

Thanks for any information you can provide in response to this vague
question!

Jessica Kleinberg, CRA
Asst. Director, Sponsored Programs
Health Research, Inc.