Re: Federal Regs/Training Steinert, Bruce, W 20 Jul 2004 10:22 EST

From: Jessica T. Kleinberg [mailto:xxxxxx@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 10:08 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Federal Regs/Training

 DU>                      Subject:  Re: [RESADM-L]
 List
 <xxxxxx@HRINET.

 07/20/2004 11:07
 AM
 Please respond to
 Research
 Administration
 Discussion List

I am not aware of any current regulations that specifically require an
institution to have an in-house training program. The original 2000 RCR
guidelines required institutions to develop training programs, but that
was suspended in 2001. There are numerous regulations that require
individuals to be trained, although these do not specify that the
training program be native to the institution.

Hope that answers your question.

Bruce Steinert, PhD, CCRA
The Children's Mercy Hospital
Kansas City, MO