Re: Website Centralization Dolce, Peter J 20 Jul 2004 09:31 EST

Our set up is like Steve's.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Steven Etheredge
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 9:18 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Website Centralization

We do our own content for sponsored program/research admin websites
(sponsored project support, proposal development, research compliance)
on our own server, but the "look and feel" is dictated by a central
policy called "webpresence," so that all institutional websites are
branded and consistent.  Security for these websites is handled by
central computer services.

Our electronic research administration software system (proposal
routing/approval, human subjects, and sponsored programs database) and
server are controlled by our office in all aspects. Our office handles
security aspects for this eRA system.

Steve Etheredge

R. Steven Etheredge
Director, Pre-Award Services
Office of Sponsored Projects Support
University of South Carolina
(803) 777-4457
(803) 777-4136 fax
xxxxxx@gwm.sc.edu

>>> xxxxxx@MSNOTES.WUSTL.EDU 7/19/2004 3:59:05 PM >>>

Hello Everyone:

I would like to take a kind of survey by asking everyone to please tell
me
to what degree your research administration websites and IT services
are
centrally administered and managed. Could you please tell me if each
of
your individual offices manage and update your office website, or if
your
websites are managed, secured, and updated by a central university IT
department, or by your institution's general research administration
office? We are considering some major structural changes to our
websites
and electronic services and would therefore appreciate any input you
are
willing to offer.

Many thanks!

Best wishes,
Christa Johnson

Christa Johnson, Ph.D.
Funding Resources Coordinator, Research Office
Washington University in St. Louis
276 N. Skinker Building, Suite 220
Phone: (314) 935-4119; Fax: (314) 935-5862
email: xxxxxx@wustl.edu