Re: Background checks Terry Stout 08 Jul 2004 08:33 EST

Please remove Terry Stout from your mailing list as he is no longer with Wake Forest University Health Sciences.  Below is the address to be removed.
xxxxxx@wfubmc.edu

________________________________

From: Research Administration List on behalf of Herbert B. Chermside
Sent: Wed 7/7/2004 4:28 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Background checks

Pat's answer is excellent.  I add the obvious: in the specific case of a
background check required by the sponsored program that is not routine for
the institution to perform for other employees it is absolutely an
allowable cost.  You should know of this requirement before preparing a
proposal, so be sure to budget for that cost.

Chuck

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Special Asst. to VP-Research
Virginia Commonwealth University