Re: CFDA numbers and federal purchase orders Kim Chanley 06 Jul 2004 14:53 EST

Hi Pat,
thanks, that's how we handle it presently too.

Kim

>>> xxxxxx@OREGONSTATE.EDU 7/6/2004 10:17:12 AM >>>
Kim,

I was out of the office last week, so I don't know if someone's
already
mentioned this.  While it's true that CFDA numbers are for domestic
assistance, your institution's A-133 audit requires a listing of all
federal and federal pass-through awards, so even though contracts
aren't
assistance, the people who set up your awards are going to need
something, and the auditors will expect to see contracts on the annual
listing of Federal expenses.  So what I've found is helpful from my
work
at UO and OHSU is to list the agency "prefix" and then 3 "x's" (e.g.,
Agriculture's is 10, so a contract with Agriculture would be 10.xxx).
You can go do the CFDA website to get the agency "prefixes".

Pat

Patricia A. Hawk
Cost Analyst, Business Affairs
Oregon State University