Re: Central Contractor Registration (CCR) Kathryn Rockett 06 Jul 2004 11:05 EST

We recently "discovered" the same thing.  CCR is programed so that any inquiry is viewed by their system as making a change; they can not differentiate between an inquiry only and an update (institutional information).  Lucky for our office, we were checking to make sure that an update that we had submitted had been made and we were checking several weeks before an application was to be submitted.

There are days when I want to return to the paper system that was hectic and cumbersome but worked the same regardless of what agency we were dealing with.  This, of course, gives away my age.

Kathryn Rockett
Assistant Vice President for Sponsored Research
Long Island University

-----Original Message-----
From:   Jon Hart [mailto:xxxxxx@MAIL.ROCKEFELLER.EDU]
Sent:   Tue 7/6/2004 11:49 AM
To:     xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject:        Re: [RESADM-L] Central Contractor Registration (CCR)
Right - I mean reviewing the information in your institution's profile.

Jon Elizabeth Hart, MPA, CIP
Senior Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
Senior Director, Human Subjects Protections Program
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Ave., NY, NY 10021-6399
tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400
email:  xxxxxx@rockefeller.edu