Re: base salary question Conrad Hohenlohe 02 Jul 2004 11:57 EST

Charlie,

THe grant basically covers student tuition, but there is a small part of it
to cover adminsitrative costs, including some salary time for the PI.  And
the faculty member in question, by taking over as department chair, becomes
ex officio the PI on this grant.

But I guess this wouldn't fundamentally affect the issue of whether the
added pay is considered base salary or not.

Thanks.
Conrad

 Charlie Hathaway
 <xxxxxx@AECOM.Y
 U.EDU>                                                     To
 Sent by: Research         xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
 Administration                                             cc
 List
 <xxxxxx@HRINET.                                     Subject
 ORG>                      Re: [RESADM-L] base salary question

 07/02/2004 11:20
 AM

 Please respond to
 Research
 Administration
 Discussion List
 <xxxxxx@HRINET.

I too am curious about the added "wrinkle".   What kind of grant is this?