Re: CFDA numbers and federal purchase orders Kim Chanley 29 Jun 2004 16:14 EST

Thanks for the quick replies, everyone!

>>> xxxxxx@VCU.EDU 6/29/2004 2:12:43 PM >>>
Not assistance, so no CFDA #

CFDA # only for "domestic", i.e., excludes some, like AID, not for
domestic
use, "assistance", i.e., grants, not contracts.

Sometimes you might have to have a "false" CFDA number for internal
purposes, e.g., 9999 to indicate "no CFDA #"

Chuck

At 03:45 PM 6/29/2004, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>When we receive a purchase order from a federal agency, should we be
>requesting and documenting the CFDA number associated with that
project?
>We have heard that since they are not "assistance agreements" that we
>don't have to worry about the CFDA number. Is that your
understanding?

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Kim Chanley
>
>Kimberly Chanley