Re: CFDA numbers and federal purchase orders Steven Etheredge 29 Jun 2004 15:14 EST

A purchase order is a procurement (contract) vehicle, not an assistance
agreement; therefore, no CFDA number is applicable.

R. Steven Etheredge
Director, Pre-Award Services
Office of Sponsored Projects Support
University of South Carolina
(803) 777-4457
(803) 777-4136 fax
xxxxxx@gwm.sc.edu

>>> xxxxxx@PEDIATRICS.OHIO-STATE.EDU 6/29/2004 3:56:23 PM >>>
Our institution normally keeps track of the CFDA number for our annual
audit.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Chanley [mailto:xxxxxx@BOISESTATE.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 3:46 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] CFDA numbers and federal purchase orders

Hi all,
When we receive a purchase order from a federal agency, should we be
requesting and documenting the CFDA number associated with that
project?
We have heard that since they are not "assistance agreements" that we
don't have to worry about the CFDA number. Is that your understanding?

Thanks in advance,

Kim Chanley

Kimberly Chanley
Manager