Re: Organization structure - pre & post award Vigiolto, Margaret 24 Jun 2004 14:32 EST

Drexel University combined pre and post 4 years ago. We report to the Vice Provost for Research in the academic stem with a dotted line to the Comptroller. We gained lots of efficiencies and offer true one stop shopping. Both research administrators and faculty think it's the way to go. Successful transition required process reengineering, willingness to change, the right political environment and an act of a higher being.

Peggy Vigiolto
Associate Vice Provost
Research Compliance and Administration
Drexel University
3201 Arch Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19426
215-895-2311
215-895-6699 fax
xxxxxx@drexel.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Elisa E. Fallows [mailto:xxxxxx@UTH.TMC.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:14 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Organization structure - pre & post award

Currently our pre award is under Research and our post award is under
finance with different reporting up. Do other institutions also have
them split like this, or are they housed under a single grants
management dept?  And if they are blended, where do they report up to?

Thanks!

Elisa Espinoza Fallows, M.S.

Research Compliance Manager
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Phone: (713) 500-3214       Fax: (713) 500-0326
E-mail: xxxxxx@uth.tmc.edu