Re: Organization structure - pre & post award Jon Hart 24 Jun 2004 13:08 EST

Our institution briefly joined the pre- and post-award groups, but it
didn't work out and they were separated.  While joined, we all reported
to Finance. Now the pre-award office reports to the President's office
and the post-award accountants remain in Finance.  We have no separate
research division, as that is all we do, so the CEO is our boss.
Joni.

Jon Elizabeth Hart, MPA, CIP
Senior Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
Senior Director, Human Subjects Protections Program
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Ave., NY, NY 10021-6399
tel:  (212) 327-8054; fax:  (212) 327-8400
email:  xxxxxx@rockefeller.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Elisa E. Fallows
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 12:14 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Organization structure - pre & post award

Currently our pre award is under Research and our post award is under
finance with different reporting up. Do other institutions also have
them split like this, or are they housed under a single grants
management dept?  And if they are blended, where do they report up to?

Thanks!

Elisa Espinoza Fallows, M.S.

Research Compliance Manager
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Phone: (713) 500-3214       Fax: (713) 500-0326
E-mail: xxxxxx@uth.tmc.edu