Re: Banner and IDC Reporting Richard Magyar 01 Apr 2004 10:29 EST

Sarah,
We use Deferred IDC Processing.

You're correct that a .lis file is generated, but that file contains only
summary information, unless the process is run 'one grant account at a
time', in which case it DOES show the IDC details.  This approach can indeed
show me the ifo  I need, but with a large number grant accounts this
approach is prohibitive in terms of time.  And of course sifting the desired
information out of .lis text files is a time-consuming task in itself.

The .lis data is also written to a Banner table called FRRGRNC.
Unfortunately, this table is wiped clean of its data after each run of the
deferred IDC process.

Obviously taking the info from a Banner table is the approach most people
would HOPE for, but this appears unworkable.  And, while gathering IDC data
from .lis logs is certainly possible, it is incredibly time-consuming.

Does anyone see a third option?  Or even a way to make theses first two
options workable?

Has anyone solved this situation in another way entirely?

--
Thanks for your time,

Rich Magyar
Systems Administrator