Re: Submitting the same grant to another PA Charlie Hathaway 03 Mar 2004 13:05 EST

Amy-

If your person is really making the "different cycle" argument, these rules don't strictly apply.  But be sure it is really different cycles:  sometimes it is hard to tell which cycle an RFA is in (with their special deadlines).

Also...the issue may be more public relations than legal.  If there is a chance that the same reviewers will see the 2 applications, the repercussions might be bad.

In general, NIH doesn't like to see the same science being reviewed simultaneously.  But now, without the need for investigators to submit true Other Support (i.e. with pendings) at the time of submission, which would clearly show the overlap, many people seem to feel they can submit everywhere and just deal with overlap at the time of award.

Charlie