Re: T32 Question Jon Hart 02 Mar 2004 12:04 EST

email:  xxxxxx@rockefeller.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Sunita Chaudhary
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 11:13 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] T32 Question

Hi
 My question is for those of you with experience in administering T32
grants.  We would like to appoint a trainee/fellow to our T32 grant who
currently is in a staff position.  The issue is how do we handle this
individual's benefits which are adversely affected by changing the
status
from "permanent staff" to post-doc fellow.  It almost seems like we are
penalizing the individual by putting them on the grant.  I would really
appreciate finding out how your institution handles this within the
guidelines of the NIH.  Thanks.

Sunita

Sunita Chaudhary, Ph.D.
Director, Research Education