Re: quick question Daniel S. Rademacher 24 Feb 2004 18:04 EST

Hi All,

As mentioned earlier this is sometimes required by the federal
agency.  Generally it is required for a bid on a contract mechanism (N01s
at NIH, etc.) and it becomes part of the business proposal along with other
materials such as each participating institutions travel policy etc.

Several people have mentioned that their institutions have their F&A
Agreement on their website.  This practice is common and very useful
however, some institutions have that information in a restricted area.  As
mentioned earlier by Chuck there are other institutions that have
information posted that is older and unfortunately can be confusing because
some are quick to assume that the provisional rate listed is still in
effect otherwise a new version would be available.

In grants where we are a subsite for the first time I generally include
copy of the rate agreement when sending out the budget and other
information to them.  Those I have dealt with over the years I do not
include a copy.

I hope this helps.

Dan

At 10:50 AM 2/24/2004 -0900, Tania Clucas wrote:
>Donna -
>
>I've been asked to provide my rate agreement as a sub. I figured the
>prime was being thorough and wanted to prove that they had exercised due
>diligence. Of course, I have a few uptight tendencies myself, so it
>didn't bother me that much.
>
>Our negotiated agreement is scanned into a PDF and on a link from our
>web pages, so I provide the URL, and everyone is happy.
>
>It might be a standard policy at the prime, making certain that the
>entities they deal with have a real rate, etc. Never mind the NOAA
>applications where they always want you to include the current agreement.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Tania
>--
>
>Tania H. Clucas, CRA
>Sponsored Programs Manager
>University of Alaska Fairbanks
>Grant and Contract Services
>Voice - 907 474 2452
>Fax - 907 474 5506
>mailto:xxxxxx@uaf.edu
>http://www.uaf.edu

Daniel S. Rademacher
Grants & Contracts Administrator
The Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center
Northwestern University
676 St. Clair
Suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60611