Re: quick question Herbert B. Chermside 24 Feb 2004 14:16 EST

Just good due diligence by the prime.  F&A rates posted on the web may not
be up to date; PI may have used wrong rate and institutional review not
caught it, etc.  Many  institutions post their negotiation rates on their
own web and refer you to it.

Of course the rate in effect when the award is made may differ from the
rate in effect when the proposal is made.  Most federal sponsors do a
reasonable job of checking this, and will adjust the award down if the rate
went down, but sometimes not vice versa!

Chuck

At 01:37 PM 2/24/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>Quick question: When you are subcontracting with another institution, have
>you ever been asked by the lead institution to provide proof of your
>negotiated indirect cost rate? We were asked provide this and couldn't
>figure out why we wouild need to do this for an NSF grant.
>
>Donna Berger, Ph.D.
>Coordinator, Academic Grants
>Marist College
>Phone: 845-575-3670