Re: research pay during intersession Herbert B. Chermside 06 Feb 2004 08:21 EST

Although I agree with the response below, I believe your institution would
be on firmer ground if it made and published a policy stating that the
intercession is outside the "regular academic period".  That would be in
keeping with the decision to pay additionally for additional teaching
duties during this period.

Chuck

At 05:48 PM 2/5/2004, you wrote:
>I think it is outside the regular academic period. The key is consistency
>-- if teaching faculty are allowed to earn additional salary for
>performing additional teaching duties during the intercession, how can it
>be justified that research faculty who perform research during the
>intercession would not be entitled to additional pay? Can the faculty
>member's time during intercessiong be considered an in-kind contribution?
>
>Molly Daniel
>Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Virginia Commonwealth University