Re: CFDA numbers and contracts Herbert B. Chermside 05 Feb 2004 11:37 EST

CFDA is Catalogue of Federal Domestic Assistance.

No CFDA number associated with any federal contract; contract is
procurement, not assistance.

No CFDA number associated with some grants, e.g. from AID Department of
State, because they are "foreign" rather than "domestic".

But good luck in getting some auditors to understand that reason for not
having CFDA numbers for some federal programs!

Chuck

At 10:45 AM 2/5/2004, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>          I have what may be a couple of naive questions.  Is there any CFDA
>number associated with a Federal contract (specifically, a fixed price
>contract from the Department of Education)?  I am assuming there isn't
>since the contract is a procurement rather than "federal assistance."  If
>that is the correct assumption, does anyone have a good idea of how to
>explain this to the firm conducting our A-133?  The question of what the
>CFDA number is on federal contracts comes up for us each year at audit
>time when we are putting together our Schedule of Expenditures of Federal
>Awards.  Thanks in advance for your responses.
>
>Jean M. Murphy
>Director of Pre-Award Services
>Wellesley Centers for Women
>http://www.wcwonline.org
>E-mail:  xxxxxx@wellesley.edu      Phone:  781-283-2508     Fax:
>781-283-2504
>
>Wellesley College, Cheever House, 106 Central Street, Wellesley, MA  02481

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Virginia Commonwealth University
PO BOX 980568
Richmond, VA  23298-0568