Re: NIH Regional Seminars King, H Christine 30 Jan 2004 09:40 EST

Jean,

Having attended one of these seminars, and being scheduled to host one in June, 2005 here at Purdue, I'm enthusiastic about their value both for administrators and for faculty. Faculty here who I sent to one of last year's seminars were equally pleased.  As for location, seminars are essentially the same in all geographical locations.

Cris

_______________
H. Christine King
Director of Research Development Services
Office of the Vice Provost for Research
Purdue University
320 Hovde Hall, 610 Purdue Mall
West Lafayette, IN  47907
Phone: 765-494-6706
Fax: 765-494-8323
E-mail: xxxxxx@purdue.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Jean M. Murphy
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 9:06 AM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] NIH Regional Seminars

Hello all,
 A short while back there was a discussion on this list serv of the value
of NIH Regional Seminars and I think I remember that the feedback was very
positive.  I noticed that two regional seminars in program funding and
grants administration where just announced on January 20, one in Seattle
and one in MIami.  I have two questions for the group on these.
 First, are these seminars beneficial for both research administrators and
researchers?  One group more than the other?
 Second, are the seminars specific in any way to the region in which they
are held?  In other words, is it worthwhile for someone form a
Massachusetts institution to go to a seminar in Miami or Seattle?  Thanks
much for your responses.
Jean

Jean M. Murphy
Director of Pre-Award Services
Wellesley Centers for Women
http://www.wcwonline.org
E-mail:  xxxxxx@wellesley.edu      Phone:  781-283-2508     Fax:
781-283-2504

Wellesley College, Cheever House, 106 Central Street, Wellesley, MA  02481