Re: Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) contract security requirements clause Greg & Peg Schmidt 05 Jan 2004 21:06 EST

All of these requirements sound like typical "Secret" classification
requirements.  There are companies that do these sorts of background
checks on employees or potential employees.  Generally, the position
requires attainment of, or maintanence of Secret clearance.  If you
cannot be cleared, you don't get the job even if you are otherwise
qualified.  If you cannot maintain clearance, you cannot have access to
the information and must be removed from a position where you would have
access to "sensitive" information.

There is nothing illegal here.  Any law suits would be deemed frivolous
and thrown out unless there was a legitimate reason why a person should
be able to be classified but were not.

I live in an area where every 3rd person has at least secret
classification, and often get queried myself on a person's background
and my dealings with them.  Seems to be the times...

Greg