Re: Questions about IRB budget Hahn, Janet M 16 Dec 2003 15:59 EST

We are in the same position as that described by Sharon at U. Akron.  We
have just recommended reassigned time from one course for the IRB chair.
Janet
********
Janet M. Hahn, C.R.A.
Executive Director
Office of Sponsored Programs & Grants Management
Radford University
Radford, VA  24142-6926

tel:  540-831-5479
fax:  540-831-6636
xxxxxx@radford.edu                             www.radford.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: McWhorter,Sharon [mailto:xxxxxx@UAKRON.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 2:49 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Questions about IRB budget

1. We do not have a separate budget. Our IRB expenses are also included
in our Research Services & Sponsored Programs operating budget. 2. We
currently do not pay any IRB members but are considering providing
either summer support or AY release time to our Chair, who has a 9 month
faculty apppointment. Would be interested in knowing if and what others
provide as compensation.