Re: Assessment of Services and Funded Projects Charlie Hathaway 09 Dec 2003 15:53 EST

Aside from the very important differences between contracts and grants with respect to open academic investigation, I can think a good reason to not get involved in this type of assessment is that you won't improve upon the existing Darwinian mechanism: Project X was a good investment if its funding is renewed or it leads to new funding.

Charlie