Re: RESADM-L Digest - 5 Dec 2003 to 8 Dec 2003 (#2003-238) researchadmin consultservices 09 Dec 2003 09:16 EST

Since industry is not held to the same standard as the
Federal Government, an institution can charge and
should charge "at least" their negotiated federal
indirect cost rate.  With industry many of the
agreement are negotiable, however in many cases the PI
and the industrial firm may try to maneuver the rates
downward.  remind the industrial firm that in many
cases their rates are higher that university rates
when doing business with the Federal Government.

Charlie Tardivo

--- Automatic digest processor <xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG>
wrote:
> There is one message totalling 43 lines in this
> issue.
>
> Topics of the day:
>
>   1. Industry indirect rate

> Date:    Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:08:24 -0500
> From:    "Beyea, Donna L."
> <xxxxxx@ROCHESTER.EDU>
> Subject: Industry indirect rate
>
> Hi all:
> I need your help with a project.
>
> I would like to know which institutions have a
> separate negotiated indirect
> rate for their industry-sponsored research (not a
> clinical trial rate).  I
> don't need to know the rate, I just need to identify
> which institutions have
> such a thing.
>
> If you have an approved rate for industry sponsored
> research that differs
> from your federal rate, could you please send me a
> quick email just giving
> me the name of  your institution.
>
> No need to respond if you don't have a separate
> rate.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Donna
> *****************
> Donna L. Beyea
> Sr. Research Administrator
> University of Rochester
> Office of Research & Project Administration
> 518 Hylan Building
> Rochester NY  14627
> phone: (585) 275-8036
> fax: (585) 275-9492
> email: xxxxxx@rochester.edu

> archive, are available
>  via our web site at http://www.hrinet.org (click on
> "Listserv Lists")

> End of RESADM-L Digest - 5 Dec 2003 to 8 Dec 2003
> (#2003-238)

=====
Charlie Tardivo, Principal
Research Administration Consulting Servics LLC (RACS LLC)
1092 Homewood Drive
Suite 300
Lakewood, OH 44107