Re: Subrecipient Monitoring Herbert B. Chermside 26 Nov 2003 11:01 EST

Larry, what's the reference for the change?  My tired old eyes have missed
it in the massive flow if information research administrators need to follow!

Why bother with a letter to subrecipients?  Make it a clause in the
agreement.  Reduces administrative effort of writing the letters and of
determining who to write to.  In fact, add clause "failure to provide
information may result in withholding of payment" or some such.

Please be aware that there are strong moves toward having A-133 audits
reliably posted on the web at http://harvester.census.gov/sac/, which could
make it possible to review them there rather than have every one send paper
copies around.  Our institution and many others post our own on our web and
refer people to that location.  Subawards can include a certification
regarding A-133: the FDP recommended subaward form includes the following
certification "Collaborator assures University that it complies with A-133
and that it will notify University of completion of required audits and of
any adverse
findings which impact this subaward."

Chuck
Thanks

Chuck

At 09:25 AM 11/26/2003, you wrote:
>The Federal government recently increased the threshold for A-133 audits
>from $300,000 to $500,000.

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Virginia Commonwealth University
PO BOX 980568