Position Announcements-The Ohio State University Research Foundation Carter, Kim 24 Nov 2003 08:50 EST

> The following positions are  available at the Ohio State University Research Foundation. I would appreciate if you would circulate the information to anyone who may be interested in applying.

Sponsored Program Officer 2
> The Ohio State University Research Foundation is seeking a Sponsored Program Officer 2 in its Office of Grants and Contracts. Job duties include: independently managing and administering sponsored programs within assigned constituency with a minimum of direction and follow-up; being responsible for program planning and development, proposal submission and project administration; may be responsible for larger efforts, such as multidisciplinary and centers projects. This person will also participate in and may conduct in-service training for constituents, including Principal Investigators (PIs), department administrators and Research Foundation staff, and serve on organization-wide committees.
>
> The successful candidate will possess a bachelor> '> s degree and minimum of three years experience in research administration in an institution of higher education. CRA (Certified Research Administrator) certification is desired. Considerable experience with budgeting, accounting and financial management is required. Familiarity with federally sponsored projects and varied sponsors is desired; experience managing a large volume of varied projects preferred. Considerable experience at an intermediate user level or above with word processing and spreadsheet software is required.
>
> Target hiring range: $43,000 to $53,000.  For more information about The Ohio State University Research Foundation, visit our web site at <http://rf.osu.edu>

Interested parties should submit an application online at www.jobsatosu.com <http://www.jobsatosu.com>. To assure consideration, please submit your application by December 7, 2003.  If you wish to find out more about this position, you may contact Kim C. Carter, Associate Director of Office of Grants and Contracts, at 614-292-4326, or xxxxxx@osu.edu . This is a reposted position announcement.

Sponsored Program Officer 1
The Ohio State University Research Foundation is seeking a Sponsored Program Officer 1 in its Office of Grants and Contracts.  The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of pre- and post-award management of assigned sponsored projects; work in a team setting with Sponsored Program Officers and Sponsored Program Associates; expected to develop and continuously improve skills required for sponsored program administration in a university setting, and to discharge assigned responsibilities with limited direction and supervision; provide guidance and support to Principal Investigators (PIs) on project management; understand relevant university, RF and sponsor policies and procedures; maintain effective communication with PIs, chairs, department staff and co-workers; establish project accounts and prepare project digests; may create and negotiate subcontract agreements; monitor project accounts; approve expenditures; resolve problems; serve on committees; participate in staff training; and assure quality customer service.
Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.  Knowledge and/or experience with federal and private agency sponsors and contract and/or grant regulations, procurement, and financial control is preferred. Knowledge of university procedures and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet is desired.
Target hiring range: $33,000 to $36,000.  For more information about The Ohio State University Research Foundation, visit our web site at <http://rf.osu.edu>