Re: IRB Membership Barbara L. Pifel 20 Nov 2003 12:54 EST

At Weill Medical College of Cornell University our process tracts
VCU.  There is no representation of any sort by Sponsored Programs (Grants
and Contracts) on our IRB for the same reason(s) that Herb very eloquently
described below.  Our IRB, IACUC and Conflict of Interest function is
headed up by Jeff Cohen, Associate Dean for the Responsible Conduct of
Research, who was formally with OHRP.  Our intellectual property activity
is process through the Cornell Research Foundation because of COI
considerations.  That activity is headed up by Brian Kelly Vice President
for Technology Transfer here at the Cornell Medical Campus.  Jeff, Brian
and I are a cohesive team that interacts very well.  Here, it works
extremely well because of the collective wealth of experience and knowledge
of the team.  It's wonderful when you can bounce things off one another as
various issues come up that cut across the three areas.

Barb