Re: Defining Principal Investigator Charlie Hathaway 14 Nov 2003 10:15 EST

At 04:24 PM 11/13/03 -0700, you wrote:

If there is a "PI", then the term "Co-PI" is meaningless, means nothing to the funder, and will likely mean little to a savvy promotions committee.

I think the big question that you did not ask is what % effort should the various species of the PI genus be devoting to the work?

But ultimately, of course, getting a grant, or being listed on a grant, means little compared to the scholarly/societal contributions that derive from one's funded efforts.

Charlie