Re: Grants Management Software Herbert B. Chermside 10 Nov 2003 09:11 EST

VCU, along with a number of other institutions use or have bought InfoOffice.

VCU uses Proposal Tracking.  We find it excellent.
We also have the Human Subjects and the Animal Subjects modules.  They link
to PT -- must have in place an office procedure to make the links, because
only the PI really knows what compliance protocols go with what sponsored
programs.  HS and AS also list protocols that are NOT sponsored -- all
protocols.

VCU is expecting delivery of Proposal Preparation soon.  I have seen a beta
version demonstrated and will "play with" it this week.  Looks OK, but only
playing with it will reveal problems.  However, our experience with InfoEd
is that they fix problems quickly.

InfoEd has been excellent to work with.

The outstanding characteristic of InfoOffice is that it covers all aspects
of sponsored program and other research needs in an integrated fashion;
i.e., all modules interconnect.  For example, today I received a copy of a
notice of an IRB protocol being suspended.  I was able to go in and look at
the HS screen and determine whether or not the protocol related to a
sponsored program, so OSPA could notify the sponsor if required.

If you get InfoOffice, plan carefully for bringing it up.  Of course this
is true of any major software package!

Chuck

At 04:49 PM 11/7/2003, you wrote:

>All,
>
>We are looking for a grants management system (pre- and post-award,
>including compliance).  Does anyone have any recommendations, comments,
>etc.?  Does anyone use InfoEd?
>
>I would appreciate your feedback!
>
>Kay
>
>Kay Ellis, MHR