Re: RCR office title used at schools and institutions Elaine Young 30 Oct 2003 08:38 EST

At UMBC we call it RCR - although we don't have an office - it's mostly
handled by me the Assoc. V. Provost for Research.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Carolyn Schnall
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 4:52 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] RCR office title used at schools and institutions

Hello fellow Research Administrators:

I have been asked by my Associate Dean to conduct a survey regarding
whether the title of "Responsible Conduct of Research" or "RCR" is
used at other institutions and schools besides Cornell (and Columbia,
the other medical college I know of that uses it) and I hope others
will agree that it is an appropriate thread for this list serve.

I believe some schools have "Research Integrity" offices and ours
used to be called "Research Compliance."

Any responses welcome!

Thanks,
Carolyn Schnall

--