Re: IRB - Oral History Mike McCallister 27 Oct 2003 13:32 EST

Lord our history department has decided as a whole to stop submitting
IRB's  I'd like some scoop on this, too. It's a bit bizarre.

Spanky

At 11:39 AM 10/27/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I recently heard that OHRP has stated that oral history interviewing
>activities do not involve research as defined by 45 CFR 46, but I cannot
>find anything on their website.
>
>Does anyone know where I can find the "official word" from OHRP regarding
>oral history interviewing?
>
>Thanks,
>Domenica
>Domenica G. Pappas, CRA
>Associate Director
>Office of Sponsored Research and Programs
>Executive Officer, IRB and IACUC
>3300 S. Federal Street
>Main Building, Room 301H
>Chicago, IL 60616-3793
>
>Phone:  (312) 567-3035
>Fax:    (312) 567-6980
>Email:  xxxxxx@iit.edu
>
>web:    www.grad.iit.edu/research/

Mike McCallister, Ph.D.
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 South University
Little Rock, AR  72204-1099

(o) 501-569-8474