Re: IRB - Oral History King, H Christine 27 Oct 2003 13:10 EST

The text of the 10/31 Chronicle article says:  "The federal Office for Human Research Protections issued the decision last month in a letter to representatives of the American Historical Association and the Oral History Association. The oral-history group announced the letter at the association's annual meeting this month."

-----Original Message-----
From: Domenica G. Pappas, CRA [mailto:xxxxxx@IIT.EDU]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 12:40 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] IRB - Oral History

I recently heard that OHRP has stated that oral history interviewing
activities do not involve research as defined by 45 CFR 46, but I cannot
find anything on their website.

Does anyone know where I can find the "official word" from OHRP regarding
oral history interviewing?

Thanks,
Domenica
Domenica G. Pappas, CRA
Associate Director
Office of Sponsored Research and Programs
Executive Officer, IRB and IACUC
3300 S. Federal Street
Main Building, Room 301H
Chicago, IL 60616-3793