Re: NYTimes.com Article: Ethics 101: A Course About the Pitfalls Herbert B. Chermside 21 Oct 2003 15:52 EST

Frank has a wonderful course, and I'm proud to have been a facilitator in
the sessions on IP and CPI for a number of years.

Chuck

At 03:34 PM 10/21/2003, you wrote:
>Wow!  This is a great article.  That these discussions are important, if
>not mandatory, in science, would be a revelation to most of the
>public.  And that awareness might earn science a bit more respect.
>
>BTW...Macrina at VCU (mentioned in article) has an NIH R01 to look at this
>stuff.
>
>Charlie
>

>At 01:31 PM 10/21/03 -0500, you wrote:
> >Good Afternoon Group,
> >
> >I wanted to alert you to this article of interest.
> >
> >scott
> >
> >Scott Davis, CRA
> >Sponsored Programs Administrator
> >Office of Research Administration
> >University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
> >Ph: 405.271.2090   Fax: 405.271.8651
> >E-mail: xxxxxx@ouhsc.edu
> >

> >Ethics 101: A Course About the Pitfalls
> >
> >October 21, 2003
> > By GINA KOLATA
> >
> >Researchers are enrolling in ethics courses to learn about
> >the insidious problems that can corrupt science from
> >within.
> >
> >http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/21/science/21ETHI.html?ex=1067759241&ei=1&
> en=6e818dea34b66b88
> >

> >---------------------------------
> >
> >Get Home Delivery of The New York Times Newspaper. Imagine
> >reading The New York Times any time & anywhere you like!
> >Leisurely catch up on events & expand your horizons. Enjoy
> >now for 50% off Home Delivery! Click here:
> >
> >http://www.nytimes.com/ads/nytcirc/index.html
> >

> >For general information about NYTimes.com, write to
> >xxxxxx@nytimes.com.
> >
> >Copyright 2003 The New York Times Company

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Virginia Commonwealth University
PO BOX 980568
Richmond, VA  23298-0568