Re: Master's Degree in Sponsored Programs Carolyn Pate 16 Oct 2003 12:32 EST

Thank you, Glenn. I have sent an e-mail to ASPA and will inform everyone of
their answer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG]On Behalf
Of Glenn Krell
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 12:16 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Master's Degree in Sponsored Programs

Hi Carolyn (and resadmr's),
Your question on whether any university has developed an MPA with a
sponsored programs administration emphasis is a good one.  There is a group
called the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA), at
http://www.aspanet.org/, which has its own nationwide listserv that could
be queried about this.  Such a contact would be a fine way for the
appropriate officers in the professional research administration
organizations to begin to advance this issue.

Some masters programs in public administration do offer training related to
sponsored programs administration such as:  proposal writing; study of
complex organizations; policy analysis; ethics; budgeting; personnel
administration; planning; nonprofit management and so on.  But you raise a
fine question and if you find an answer, please post to this list.
=======================
Glenn Krell, M.P.A., C.R.A.
Director, Research Proposal Development
Illinois Institute of Technology
3300 South Federal Street, M/B 301
Chicago, Illinois 60616
312-567-7141 (voice)
312-567-7517 (fax)
www.grad.iit.edu/research/opd.html
"Pull up your socks, pull up your pants, get in there and fight for your
federal grants!"