Re: Other support for pending applications Baumann, John 25 Sep 2003 16:40 EST

We don't.   Under the division of labor and responsibility at this
university, this is the responsibility of the investigators themselves,
possibly with assistance from their College/School support staff.

Prior to coming to here, I was at a private not for profit research
institute.  There, we had a database that included the percent effort of
all key personnel on all current and pending projects.

John

John R. Baumann, Ph.D.
Director
Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Support
University of Missouri -- Kansas City
5100 Rockhill Road (US Postal Service)
5211 Rockhill Road (Express Delivery)
Kansas City, MO 64110

816.235.1303 (v)
816.235.6532 (f)
xxxxxx@umkc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG] On
Behalf Of Dolce, Peter J
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 4:06 PM
To: xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Other support for pending applications

How do you keep up with % effort that's proposed on pending applications
so as to have it ready when NIH asks for just in time Other Support
info?

We don't record proposed effort on pending proposals in my central
sponsored research office; also, many investigators have subprojects
buried in pending, multiproject proposals which don't show up in our
data base of pending proposals, so that even if we gathered proposed
effort manually, we'd miss these buried commitments.

Whose responsibility is it to have such info at hand?

Peter J. Dolce, Ph.D.
Director, Office of Research Support Services
Meharry Medical College
1005 D. B. Todd Boulevard
Nashville, TN  37203

Phone 615 327 6703
Fax 615 327 6716

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information
that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  It is intended only for the individual(s) or entity
named above.  If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you
are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying
of this e-mail or the information contained in it or attached to it is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the person named above by reply e-mail.
Thank you.