Re: Consultant Rates Jean M. Murphy 05 Sep 2003 14:14 EST

While NSF publishes a maximum of $513 per day for consultants, which I
believe is also the maximum set for
Federal Contracts, NIH does not have a maximum consulting rate.  I believe
the policy manual simply states that the daily rates for consultants on
subawards under an NIH award should be reasonable.  I would suggest trying
to come up with a "market rate" for the particular field.
Jean
Research Administration Discussion List <xxxxxx@HRINET.ORG> writes:
>I'm looking for a reasonable consultant rate to include in a budget for
>a Ph.D./faculty in the sciences.  The rate would be on a daily basis
>during a 10 month period.   This person would not be working everyday on
>the project --  the days would vary throughout the course of 10
>months.   I couldn't locate a rate in the NIH Manual -- so I thought I
>contact my friends on this list.
>
>  Thank you,
>   Eleanor

Jean M. Murphy
Director of Pre-Award Services
Wellesley Centers for Women
http://www.wcwonline.org
E-mail:  xxxxxx@wellesley.edu      Phone:  781-283-2508     Fax:
781-283-2504

Wellesley College, 106 Central Street, Wellesley, MA  02481