Re: Reporting Grant/Contract Activity to your Board Stuart Watson 28 Aug 2003 13:27 EST

Brian,

One way that we here at Penn used to report was what we called "Dollars
Available"

This was achieved by taking as award amount, dividing it by the number
of months that award was active and putting the dollars per month of
each award into the appropriate fiscal year.  This method smoothes out
the "peaks and valleys" of the award cycle and we found it to very
closely track actually expenditures.

Stuart

W. Stuart Watson
Assistant Director
Office of Research Services
University of Pennsylvania
3451 Walnut Street, P-221 Franklin Bldg.
Philadelphia, PA   19104-6205
ph: 215-573-6707
fx:  215 898-9708
email:  xxxxxx@pobox.upenn.edu