Re: Reporting Grant/Contract Activity to your Board Caskey, William PhD. 28 Aug 2003 11:35 EST

We do not have formal guidelines but have restricted the decision to allow a waiver of all or part of F&A to just two people. PIs must request and justify a waiver through my office and these two people then decide whether the request is reasonable. As a result, the vast majority of our proposals budget for the full F&A recovery allowed by the sponsor. If the sponsor limits F&A recovery then we abide by the sponsor guidelines but require documentation from the sponsor be filed in the project folder. Requests for waiver of full F&A recovery and supporting documentation are provided to reviewers during the administrative review and approval process of such proposals...Bill

Bill Caskey, PhD
Director, Research & Grants Administration
Children's Mercy Hospital
2401 Gillham Road
Kansas City, MO  64108

Ph:(816) 234-3149 (new number)
Fx:(816) 855-1982
E-mail:  xxxxxx@cmh.edu <mailto:xxxxxx@cmh.edu>

This communication is intended only for the use of the addressee.  It may contain information which is privileged or confidential under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient or the agent of the recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify The Children's Mercy Hospital at 816-234-3149 or via return Internet electronic mail at xxxxxx@cmh.edu <mailto:xxxxxx@cmh.edu>  and expunge this communication without making any copies.  Thank you for your cooperation.