: [RESADM-L] Total $ Amount the Feds Give Out for Grants Charna K Howson 27 Aug 2003 08:26 EST

Birute,

The 4th ed of David Bauer's The "How To" Grants Manual estimated
$90 billion in grants for 1999 compared to $21.6 billion for
foundations and corporations (56).  He noted the staggering
number of federal contracts far exceeds the $90 billion (56).

...and that about covers my summer reading.

Best wishes,
Charna

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:08:05 -0700 "Vileisis, Dr. Birute"
<xxxxxx@LMU.EDU> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
> I gave a simple question that requires a quick answer.  Does
> anyone know approximately how much the Federal Government gives
> out in grants on an annual basis?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Birute Vileisis
>

> Birute Anne Vileisis, Ph.D.
> Associate Academic Vice President,
> Academic Grants Office
> Loyola Marymount University
> One LMU Drive, University Hall, Suite 3025
> Los Angeles, CA  90045-2659
>
> E-mail: xxxxxx@lmu.edu
> Tel:  310/338-6004
> Fax: 310/338-5193